Adding email@example.com to your email contact list will help us deliver your free English lessons to your email inbox.
If you do not see an email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your Inbox, our email may have mistakenly been sent to your spam folder. Please open your spam folder look for it there, open it and mark it as “not spam”…
Click your email service provider below for instructions.
Email Service Providers
Is your email client or spam filter not listed?
If Aaron and Dan is being filtered, try adding email@example.com to your Address Book or Contact list.
If messages continue to be sent to your junk folder contact your
ISP or spam filter application support and ask how to whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make sure our email gets delivered to your Inbox, you must add the email address email@example.com to your contacts list.
- – Open the email from Aaron and Dan.
- – Click the drop down arrow next to “Reply” in the upper right side the email from header.
- – Click the “Add Aaron and Dan to Contacts List” from the list that appears.
- – You will now see Aaron and Dan appear under the link “Contacts” on the left side of the page.
- – Click the “Gmail” icon on the top left Gmail.
- – Click the link “Contacts” and then in the “Search Contacts” form field type: Aaron and Dan.
- – Now you can select to move Aaron and Dan to a contact list of choice and edit any details.
Report as “Not Spam”
- – Check your Gmail Spam Folder
- – If you see the email from Aaron and Dan: Open the Email
- – Click the button on the toolbar, labeled “Not spam”.
- – If you are using Gmail Tabs such as ‘Promotions’ please open your Promotions tab in Gmail.
- – If you find an email from Aaron and Dan in your Gmail Promotions tab: Please…
- – Grab and drag our email to the Priority Inbox Tab.
- – After doing so, you will receive an alert like the one below at the top your Gmail toolbar:
- – Click Yes in the yellow alert box at Gmail, after dragging our email to the primary inbox tab.
- – This way and you will always see Aaron and Dan in your Primary Inbox tab…
If you’re not receiving email you are expecting, there are two things you can do:
- – Use the “Not Spam” button in your Bulk folder.
- – Create a filter to automatically send email from certain Domains
to your Inbox. This is the only way to really ensure delivery.
Report as “Not Spam”
- – Check your Yahoo! Bulk folder
- – If you see the email from Aaron and Dan, open our email and click or tap the “Not Spam” button on the toolbar.
- – This does not guarantee that your mail will be delivered in the future, but it does help.
Create a Filter To Ensure Delivery
- – Move your mouse over or tap the “Gear” icon in the top right navigation bar.
- – Select “Settings” from the list that drops down.
- – Choose “Filters” located on the left side of the page.
- – Click the “Add” button on the Filters page.
- – Create a name such as “Whitelist” in the “Filter name” field.
- – In the “From” field leave the default “contains” selected.
- – Enter our email address firstname.lastname@example.org in the text box next to “Contains…”
- – Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered. For example: Inbox.
- – Click or tap “Save…”
- – You will see in the next screen -Deliver to “Inbox” if From contains “Aaron and Dan”-
- – Click or tap “Save” on this screen.
- – You will be returned to your Yahoo! Inbox.
Previously “Hotmail”, “Live”, “Windows Live” and “MSN”…
In the new Outlook.com you must click the “Wait it’s safe” link if you find emails mis-identified as spam.
Entering the email contact in the address book or contacts no longer whitelists the sender.
To ensure messages from specific email addresses are not sent to your Junk Email folder, you can do one of two things:
- – Check the “Junk” folder if you do not see the Aaron and Dan email in your Inbox:
- – Open the email from Aaron and Dan…
- – Click the “Wait it’s safe” link
Mark Sender as “Wait it’s safe!
Aaron and Dan (email@example.com)
Manually Add to Safe List
- – Click gear icon on the top right.
- – Select “Options” in the drop down list.
- – On the Options page under “Preventing junk email” click “Safe and blocked senders”
- – Click the link “Safe senders” on the next page.
- – Enter the email address firstname.lastname@example.org in the text box.
- – Click “Add to list”
- – Aaron and Dan will now be added to your list of “Safe senders”
- – Emails added to your “Safe senders” will not be delivered by mistake to your “Junk” folder.
Outlook 2003 (or higher)
- – To add Aaron and Dan to you list of “Safe senders” on Outlook:
- – Right click our email in your Inbox email list pane.
- – On the menu displayed move your mouse over or tap “Junk”
- – Click or tap on “Never block sender” in the menu that rolls out.
- – The resulting popup will say:
- – “The sender of the selected message has been added to your Safe Senders List.”
- – Click or tap “OK”
To add sender to address book:
- – Open the email
- – Right click on the from address
- – Choose “Add to contacts” option
iCloud automatically identifies most junk mail (spam) sent to your
@icloud.com address or its aliases and moves the junk mail to your Junk
mail folder. If you receive unwanted mail, you can mark it as junk.
Messages marked as junk are displayed with a junk mail icon.
Because email messages in the Junk folder are automatically deleted
after 30 days, periodically check the Junk folder for email messages
that were marked as junk mistakenly.
To indicate that an email message from Aaron and Dan isn’t junk:
- – Click the Junk folder in the sidebar.
- – Select our email message, then click the “Not Junk” button in the top right of the message window.
The message is moved to your Inbox. Subsequent email messages from Deep English will no longer automatically marked as junk.
By default, messages in the Junk folder are deleted after 30 days so be sure to check it often to whitelist relevant email.
- – Click the Address Book button
- – Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted
- – Click the New Card button. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address and Other
- – Under the Contact tab, copy and paste the “From” address, email@example.com into the email dialogue box
- – Click OK
Aaron and Dan is in no way associated with any of the brands,
websites or applications quoted here. All Trademarks ® are the property
of their respective owners.